RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » What was wrong with the Pointless Arrow? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What was wrong with the Pointless Arrow?
CHATTER
Member # 1185

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for CHATTER     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The new logo has two tracks, not three. The two light lines are the tracks; the three dark lines represent the ground beneath it. Took me a while to learn this.

[This message has been edited by CHATTER (edited 08-13-2004).]

Posts: 255 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Toy
Member # 311

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Mr. Toy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chatter is technically correct, but I like the Lionel quip just the same.
Posts: 2649 | From: California's Monterey Peninsula | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheBriz09
Member # 3166

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheBriz09     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Robert L:
I have seen several variations but don't know one Phase from the other, when all of the experts on this post are talking.

Geno Dailey has a good Amtrak pain schemes guide at http://www.trainweb.org/amtrakpix/paintschemes/paintschemes.html
although he only has Phase III on up.

Posts: 93 | From: Batavia, IL | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UncleBuck44
Member # 2049

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for UncleBuck44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found out what the red and blue arrows are.

The blue line is Amtrak going along smoothly, then getting stopped by the UP freight train(the red arrow), as the red arrow ruins a nice on time performance by the Sunset Limited(Blue Line,into the split at the end)

Posts: 547 | From: St. Louis, MO, USA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page