RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Discount codes for '08 spring travel

Author Topic: Discount codes for '08 spring travel
tarheelman
Member # 6095

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tarheelman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi folks--

Does anyone know if Amtrak has any discount codes for travel in April or May of 2008 yet? I'd like to plan a four day trip to DC during one of these two months, but I haven't been able to find any information on discount codes for this time period.

Thanks!

Posts: 100 | From: Kernersville, NC | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
notelvis
Member # 3071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for notelvis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No info on codes yet but I'm curious which trains you're planning on using. I know I'd be interested in the gonna be three hours later 'Silver Star' out of Cary possibly.

--------------------
David Pressley

Advocating for passenger trains since 1973!

Climbing toward 5,000 posts like the Southwest Chief ascending Raton Pass. Cautiously, not nearly as fast as in the old days, and hoping to avoid premature reroutes.

Posts: 4203 | From: Western North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tarheelman
Member # 6095

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tarheelman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by notelvis:
No info on codes yet but I'm curious which trains you're planning on using. I know I'd be interested in the gonna be three hours later 'Silver Star' out of Cary possibly.

I'll be taking the 'Carolinian' out of Greensboro. I like the Greensboro station because of its well-lit long term parking lot, along with the fact that this station is staffed 24/7.

I take it that the new scheduling for the 'Silver Star' makes this train more convenient for you going north than it was with its old schedule---correct?

Posts: 100 | From: Kernersville, NC | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoastStarlight99
Member # 2734

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoastStarlight99   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe Amtrak just retired their "H636" 20% promotion. Therefore it may be a bit before they activate another. I will post here when I learn of one. Although they are no longer common, these codes sure can save a lot!

Anton

Posts: 1082 | From: Los Angeles, CA. USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
notelvis
Member # 3071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for notelvis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tarheelman:
quote:

I take it that the new scheduling for the 'Silver Star' makes this train more convenient for you going north than it was with its old schedule---correct? [/QB]
The new schedule, effective in late January will have the Silver Star running northbound about 3 hours later than it does now. Southbound is unchanged.

Actually, come to think of it, what I'm really curious about is a daylight ride from Hamlet to Raleigh. That hasn't been possible for years.

--------------------
David Pressley

Advocating for passenger trains since 1973!

Climbing toward 5,000 posts like the Southwest Chief ascending Raton Pass. Cautiously, not nearly as fast as in the old days, and hoping to avoid premature reroutes.

Posts: 4203 | From: Western North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liberty Limited
Member # 4300

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liberty Limited   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Actually, come to think of it, what I'm really curious about is a daylight ride from Hamlet to Raleigh. That hasn't been possible for years.

Actually, it's been possible and very common for years - but it just hasn't been scheduled to be possible. [Smile]

--------------------
History of Baltimore and Baltimore Transit - Visit http://www.btco.net !

Posts: 86 | From: Baltimore | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tarheelman
Member # 6095

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Liberty Limited:
quote:

Actually, it's been possible and very common for years - but it just hasn't been scheduled to be possible. [Smile]
True, very true..... [Wink]
tarheelman
Member # 6095

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted      Profile for tarheelman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CoastStarlight99:
I believe Amtrak just retired their "H636" 20% promotion. Therefore it may be a bit before they activate another. I will post here when I learn of one. Although they are no longer common, these codes sure can save a lot!

Anton

Thanks, Anton---please do! [Smile]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page