TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Amtrak and Unions: The PEB Report

Author Topic: Amtrak and Unions: The PEB Report
PullmanCo
Member # 1138

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PullmanCo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've not had a chance to read it yet.

Now comes the decision for both sides: Negotiate, or strike?

http://www.ibew.org/IBEW/departments/RailRoad/PEB%20242%20Report.pdf

--------------------
The City of Saint Louis (UP, 1967) is still my standard for passenger operations

Posts: 1404 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
City of Miami
Member # 2922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for City of Miami     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amtrak can't pay it. I say let them strike if they want to and find out if anybody really cares. Let the chips fall where they may. There might even be some appropriate realizatons and reordering of priorities as a result. But I doubt if anything will happen - the highly vaunted system will not be allowed to work.
Posts: 326 | From: San Antonio Texas USA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tarheelman
Member # 6095

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tarheelman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes it takes the service disruption caused by a strike to give a reality check to the people on both sides of the dispute---it lets them know what's really important vs. what isn't.
Posts: 100 | From: Kernersville, NC | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page