RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » A busy Train

Author Topic: A busy Train
Tanner929
Member # 3720

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Tanner929     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Came back from Richmond VA to New Haven CT, on Dec 23. glad I booked early. "sold out from Washington to NYP. Crew was very nice curteous moving people from the four seaters so familys could use them as well as getting people to get there bags off the seats and "double up." The day was foggy and rainy all day the airlines where a mess and driving would have been a mess as well. train arrived in New Haven about 50 minutes late I think much the delays was in the loading of bags and people at Washington Union Station. Didn't mind the delay because I was only 5 minutes from New Haven's Union Station.

For any Hockey Fan's: The New "Prudential Arena" in Newark NJ is right next store to Newark's Pennsylvania Station should be a real boost to the area around the station.

The trip down to Richmond was a overnight train slept in the roomy coach seat, left New Haven after midnight, got a bite to eat a NYP because we arrived early and had about a 50 minute time wait in NY and arrived rested in Richmond about 9:30 am.

Posts: 516 | From: New Haven, CT USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amtrak207
Member # 1307

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amtrak207     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds to me like a fine example of trains doing what they should do. You should be happy you had extra equipment on your train. All of the upstate New York trains were sold out two and a half weeks in advance and Amtrak responds to a request for more equipment with, "Sorry, there's none available." If you except the dozens of coaches sitting around Bear and Wilmington with the wrong stripes and the wrong interiors that haven't been maintained lately, that is a true statement. I was "fortunate" enough to get to take the four-hour odyssey on the Thruway to visit my family for the holidays. I'd rather be on the train.
Posts: 391 | From: Schenectady | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page