RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » America By Rail

Author Topic: America By Rail
Judy McFarland
Member # 4435

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Judy McFarland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As the snow piles up around my house in southeastern Wisconsin, I stumbled across a brochure from America By Rail that had an interesting trip thru the southwest in March, but when I tried to look at their website, I got a message that the domain had expired. I haven't been able to find out anything else. Is this company still in business?
(Forgive me if I missed an earlier discussion. . .)

--------------------
My new "default" station (EKH) has no baggage service or QuikTrak machine, but the parking is free! And the NY Central RR Museum is just across the tracks (but not open at Amtrak train times. . ..)

Posts: 337 | From: Goshen, IN | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Henry Kisor
Member # 4776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Henry Kisor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Americabyrail.net domain name has expired, and that suggests the company has gone out of business.
Posts: 2236 | From: Evanston, Ill. and Ontonagon, Mich. | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChrisJ
Member # 320

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChrisJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Their phones are still working, so it's likely just a temporary website problem. Hope so, 'cause I'm thinking of signing on for another trip with them. Have traveled with them 4 times, and they do a fine job.
Posts: 46 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChrisJ
Member # 320

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChrisJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's working now.
Posts: 46 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TruckTrains
Member # 6938

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TruckTrains   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There out of business.

--------------------
Train Horns&
Air Horns

Posts: 24 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DeeCT
Member # 3241

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DeeCT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Judy -

The web site is up and running. If, as Chris J says, the phones are working - it is a toll free number - just give them a call and verify whether or not they are still in business.

I have seen tour groups run by this company (mostly in the Metro Lounge in Chicago - and the groups headed to Branson) and they seem to be well run and are definitely spoken well of by members of the tour group.

Do let us know what you find out Judy.

Dee

Posts: 460 | From: North Central CT | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChrisJ
Member # 320

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by TruckTrains:
There out of business.

As per my previous posts, their website works and their phones work, so obviously they are NOT out of business.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page