RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Streamliner Request for Eric Bowen

Author Topic: Streamliner Request for Eric Bowen
notelvis
Member # 3071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for notelvis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Eric,

I've enjoyed your Streamliner Schedules website and am pleased to see it keep growing. Your mix of the great trains (Panama Limited) and regional favorites (Steptoe Valley Flyer) keeps the site fresh and entertaining.

I'd like to put in a request that you someday add a timetable for one of my regional favorites - Southern Railway's 'Carolina Special' which operated overnight from Cincinnati to Asheville, NC and then split into a North Carolina section (to Greensboro) and a South Carolina section (to Columbia). The last remnant of this train was discontinued in December 1968 but a better time to spotlight it might be 1964 or so.....before the route was truncated north of Harriman, TN and the North Carolina section was combined with the Asheville Special.

--------------------
David Pressley

Advocating for passenger trains since 1973!

Climbing toward 5,000 posts like the Southwest Chief ascending Raton Pass. Cautiously, not nearly as fast as in the old days, and hoping to avoid premature reroutes.

Posts: 4203 | From: Western North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jarrod
Member # 4318

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jarrod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree! Great site Eric!! Thanks!
Posts: 82 | From: San Lorenzo, CA | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ehbowen
Member # 4317

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ehbowen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the compliments and for the suggestion. It really is a big help when someone recommends a specific train from a specific time period; all too often I find myself looking at the bookcase wondering, "OK, what do I do next?" So if anyone else has any suggestions, particularly if you can contribute a traveler's report or have some other information about what makes a particular train significant, then by all means leave a note here or email me in care of the site.

--------------------
--------Eric H. Bowen

Stop by my website: Streamliner Schedules - Historic timetables of the great trains of the past!

Posts: 413 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ham Radio
Member # 6587

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ham Radio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eric,

Thank you for providing this service.

--------------------
Ham Radio
Orange County, California

Posts: 46 | From: Orange County, CA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page