TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Spring trip

Author Topic: Spring trip
City of Miami
Member # 2922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for City of Miami     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I flew to BWI and got my flying overwith at the beginning. I stayed in Baltimore a couple of days which included riding the lightrail into town from BWI and taking the subway back and forth to Pikesville. On Sunday I showed up at Penn Station an hour early to take a regional to Philly. As suggested by mdrr by bag was accepted for checking to NYP and actually went right away on a train that was in the station. My train was eventually cancelled and the next regional was somewhat late as were all of the trains that morning. I spend the afternoon in Philly and took Keystone service on into NYP arriving on time.
The next day just for kicks I took the LIRR out to Port Jefferson, took the ferry across Long Island Sound and took a Metronorth train back to Grand Central from Bridgeport Conn. Everything went smoothly and I enjoyed it.
Friday morning I took another regional to DC - so much more fun than the bus, though it is 3X the cost.
The following Wed I took the Capital to Chicago which actually arrived early. I went to the Chicago Cultural Institute which was very interesting - especially the building itself. The TX Eagle left on time and was announced as sold out; I believe it. We were about an hour late arriving into STL. The next morning I woke up to all this lush greenery and water everywhere in AR and east TX. I have recounted the rest on another thread, except that while we were waiting 5.5 hrs. for the rail to be replaced one of the train attendants had an asthma attack and no less than 5 vehicles and I don't know how many personnel came to remove her (we were sitting alongside a divided highway east of Dallas). This leg of my trip was cheap at $404 which is an even 4X the cost of a non-stop 2.5 hr flight from BWI to Austin. I decided to give myself what I wanted rather than what made sense.

Posts: 326 | From: San Antonio Texas USA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page