RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Vancouver Cascade

Author Topic: Vancouver Cascade
royaltrain
Member # 622

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for royaltrain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I attempted to book a business class ticket from Vancouver BC to Seattle, the on-line reservation site would only show coach seats up to and including the 31st of August, however, as of the 1st of September I could book a business class seat. Would I be correct in assuming that Amtrak is still running superliner equipment, but would use Talgo trains as of Sept. 1? Amtrak's website is silent about the equipment used on this run, yet the current timetable,effective the 12th of May/08,clearly shows business class on trains 517 and 510.

Does anyone have information as to the true state of affairs on the Talgo situation?

Posts: 524 | From: Toronto Ont. Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sojourner
Member # 3134

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sojourner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think your guess is right, but if the tollfree number works in Canada, I suggest you try to get in touch with Amtrak and ask them. If they don't know, have the agent connect you with the Seattle station directly; they would know!

We were booked last May for business class and the business class was canceled and we wound up on a Superliner both ways. Going up was fantastic, there was a regular observation car in which we went to sit, with marvelous water views the whole way. Coming back was not as good because the train had the newly configured snack bar/lounge car combo with seats facing inward!!! So we just stayed in out coach seats. We asked in Vancouver for the right side facing forward so we could be by the water. The eagles were there at the border crossing! very interesting . . . I suppose there is a cannery nearby but it does seem kinda apt. . .

Posts: 2642 | From: upstate New York | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page