RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Searching for a website

Author Topic: Searching for a website
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for JONATHON   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know the name and/or adress of the Film and Photography website for the company that Amtrak uses to take all there photos and film there comercials with?

--------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

My MySpace

CoastStarlight@Gmail.com

Amtrak Pages WebSite

Posts: 989 | From: DIAMOND BAR CA. U.S. | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jarrod
Member # 4318

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Jarrod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe they take their own photos. Don't they? Whoever takes them, they need to start taking new pictures and quit using old stock photos with paint schemes 20 years old. Brand recognition people.... [Smile]
Posts: 82 | From: San Lorenzo, CA | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JONATHON   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yea i know but the company that they have do all there photography and film done by has its own website and i needed to contact them

--------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

My MySpace

CoastStarlight@Gmail.com

Amtrak Pages WebSite

Posts: 989 | From: DIAMOND BAR CA. U.S. | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Toy
Member # 311

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Toy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd be surprised if one company did both their photography and video. I suspect Amtrak may get some of its still photographs through the annual photo contest, then contract with individual photographers for rights to images they like.

Unfortunately, Amtrak literature doesn't give photo credits, so the only way to know where Amtrak gets photos from is to contact Amtrak directly.

Both photos and video, regardless of their source, would ultimately be channeled through whichever advertising agency Amtrak has a contract with. They would likely be the actual buyer of any photos, if that is what you have in mind.

As an aside, a few years ago I was researching on-line stock photo agencies. I found one agency, which eludes me now, that offered the same images used in the Amtrak Cascades brochures at the time.

Posts: 2649 | From: California's Monterey Peninsula | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page