RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Port Huron Michigan

Author Topic: Port Huron Michigan
Nasscarr1720
Member # 2060

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nasscarr1720     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am going to be going form Milwaukee to Port Huron Michigan in august. We are going to spend about two days there. I am looking for any recommendations on hotels and restaurants there. Is there easy transportation from the train station to the area?

On the same trip is it worth the extra few dollars to up grade from coach to business class seat?

Posts: 41 | From: Milwaukee, WI USA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rresor
Member # 128

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for rresor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I stayed in Port Huron on business about five years ago, and there is a motel right on the river with a view of the Blue Water Bridge (I stayed there) that's very nice. Sorry, but I can't recall the name. I don't recall it being part of any national chain, though.

Can't really help on restaurants except to say that the hotel had one with a nice view that was not bad.

The train station, unfortunately, is south of town and not terribly convenient. If you're coming in by train you'll need a taxi or rental car to get to downtown and to the hotel I mentioned. The train station is right at the mouth of both the new and old tunnels under the river.

Posts: 614 | From: Merchantville, NJ. USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page