RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Dallas Cowboys takes Amtrak to tonights game.

Author Topic: Dallas Cowboys takes Amtrak to tonights game.
gp35
Member # 3971

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gp35     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PACIFIC SURF LINE - As the Cowboys are nearing 50 years of existence, they've played all over the place, spanning the country and even going overseas, too.

But the phrase "all aboard" is a new one for the Cowboys, who had never traveled to a game on a train before.

That changed here Friday afternoon as the Cowboys jumped on board the Silver Lariat, a private Amtrak railcar that took us through a rather scenic route of southern California.
http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/news.cfm

Posts: 562 | From: Beaumont Texas | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smitty195
Member # 5102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for smitty195     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for that info! The picture in the article actually shows them riding in Amtrak's Great Dome, not the Silver Lariat as the article suggests. It's funny how the print media usually get things wrong when it comes to trains. They also said the Lariat is a, "private Amtrak railcar". Well, I guess maybe I can sorta see what the writer is saying....but I don't think he understood that the private railcar has nothing to do with Amtrak except it's being hauled by their locomotive (and the owner of the car is paying Amtrak to do this).
Posts: 2355 | From: Pleasanton, CA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TruckTrains
Member # 6938

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TruckTrains   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lol, thats pretty unique! Thanks for sharing

--------------------
Train Horns&
Air Horns

Posts: 24 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Henry Kisor
Member # 4776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Henry Kisor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Smitty195, I believe that article was written not by a print journalist, but by a Cowboys corporate website PR man.
Posts: 2236 | From: Evanston, Ill. and Ontonagon, Mich. | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PullmanCo
Member # 1138

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PullmanCo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It would not surpise me that the Cowboys leased both Silver Lariat (a dome) and AMT 10031 (another dome).
Posts: 1404 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page