RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » It's a Milestone - Woooooo Hooooooo

Author Topic: It's a Milestone - Woooooo Hooooooo
notelvis
Member # 3071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for notelvis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry for all the Hooo Haaaa

But I've just reached my 2,000th Railforum post and I wanted to do so in a separate thread.

I don't ask for much but I think some ponies, a bigpiper or two, and, something new, a brass band would be nice.

Maybe even a piece of rolling stock.....maybe my own private car from the now out-of-work Grandeluxe fleet perhaps?

All the best -

--------------------
David Pressley

Advocating for passenger trains since 1973!

Climbing toward 5,000 posts like the Southwest Chief ascending Raton Pass. Cautiously, not nearly as fast as in the old days, and hoping to avoid premature reroutes.

Posts: 4203 | From: Western North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TwinStarRocket
Member # 2142

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TwinStarRocket     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let me humbly offer my meager 914th post to salute you.
Posts: 1572 | From: St. Paul, MN | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judy McFarland
Member # 4435

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judy McFarland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahh-ooogah!
(that's a bagpipe salute!)

--------------------
My new "default" station (EKH) has no baggage service or QuikTrak machine, but the parking is free! And the NY Central RR Museum is just across the tracks (but not open at Amtrak train times. . ..)

Posts: 337 | From: Goshen, IN | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
palmland
Member # 4344

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for palmland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well done David. Maybe you should go to the Henry Clay to celebrate?
Posts: 2397 | From: Camden, SC | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
train lady
Member # 3920

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for train lady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
congratulations, David. Lets keep hearing from you
Posts: 1577 | From: virginia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
notelvis
Member # 3071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for notelvis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by palmland:
Well done David. Maybe you should go to the Henry Clay to celebrate?

Well.......I'll be riding past the Henry Clay on Friday! I'm doing a Greensboro-Baltimore ride on the Carolinian and then driving a rental car up to Scranton for Saturday's steam excursion to the Tunkhannock Viaduct.

Same leisure activity.......different destination!

--------------------
David Pressley

Climbing toward 5,000 posts like the Southwest Chief ascending Raton Pass. Cautiously, not nearly as fast as in the old days, and hoping to avoid premature reroutes.

Posts: 4203 | From: Western North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sojourner
Member # 3134

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sojourner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats on your milestone!
Posts: 2642 | From: upstate New York | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Railroad Bill
Member # 5097

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Railroad Bill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats notelvis,
Enjoy your insightful commentary and humor. Best wishes for 2000 more.
Railroad Bill

Posts: 87 | From: Ohio | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vicki
Member # 3410

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vicki     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I and my 125 posts salute you!
Posts: 149 | From: Joliet, IL USA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RR4me
Member # 6052

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RR4me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps out there in La Plata, they can get a plaque on the wall of the CG lookout for you!
Posts: 406 | From: La Grange, CA | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
notelvis
Member # 3071

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by RR4me:
Perhaps out there in La Plata, they can get a plaque on the wall of the CG lookout for you!

And I STILL need to stop in La Plata. I've ridden through twice in the last 12 months but haven't stopped!

--------------------
David Pressley

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page