RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Auto Train Ticket Purchase Timing

Author Topic: Auto Train Ticket Purchase Timing
NJBill
Member # 5602

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for NJBill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know this is more of a marketing question than a railroad question,but I will ask anyway.
I will be traveling with my wife and 3 kids 12,12,14 this summer to Walt Disney World on the Auto Train. My question is if it would be less expensive to buy tickets now (earlier bucket pricing)or wait until Amtrak runs a kids ride free protion which they seem to offer every year.
On the surface the free kids looks more attractive, but if the adult pricing is significantly more, there be no advantage. If it were you, what would you choose?
Thanks.

Posts: 14 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Henry Kisor
Member # 4776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Henry Kisor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bill, will you be traveling in sleeper? If so, maybe it would be a good idea to get the sleeper rooms now and score that lowest possible bucket price. I believe your kids can be added to the ticket later if the free ride promotion doesn't happen. In any case the free ride probably applies only to the train fare, not the sleeper charge.
Posts: 2236 | From: Evanston, Ill. and Ontonagon, Mich. | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page