RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Guest Rewards Select Hold Time

Author Topic: Guest Rewards Select Hold Time
HopefulRailUser
Member # 4513

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for HopefulRailUser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anybody tried to make a reservation using their points lately? I just spent 38 minutes on hold, on the "priority Select line" and finally gave up. Is this usual?

--------------------
Vicki in usually sunny Southern California

Posts: 951 | From: Redondo Beach, CA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HopefulRailUser
Member # 4513

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for HopefulRailUser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Waited an hour today. Then tried the non-select AGR number. Was answered in two minutes and booked my fall trip on the Starlight, Cascades and Surfliner. A bedroom hurrah!

So much for the priority select phone number. My year ends soon anyway. Back to being a regular train rider. Looking forward to the trip, LAX to VAC. Return south by cruise ship.

--------------------

Posts: 951 | From: Redondo Beach, CA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sojourner
Member # 3134

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sojourner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I phoned a few weeks ago and did not have a long wait.
Posts: 2642 | From: upstate New York | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smitty195
Member # 5102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for smitty195     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder if there is a problem with the telephone software on the AGR Select line? It sorta sounds like, because all of the phone calls are routed to the same people, but priority ringing is given to the Select line. Maybe they aren't aware of it?
Posts: 2355 | From: Pleasanton, CA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HopefulRailUser
Member # 4513

Member Rated:
I told the gal who handled my reservations about the problem. The select people are in the same area as the regular folks there in Minnesota. She was apologetic but didn't sound too interested in a follow up.

--------------------

smitty195
Member # 5102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for smitty195     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, that's interesting. I was told that the AGR people who answer the phone are all the same folks, but they answer the phone according to priority (Select over general membership). Hmmmmm.....

And why am I not surprised that she wasn't interested? [Wink]

Posts: 2355 | From: Pleasanton, CA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HopefulRailUser
Member # 4513

Member Rated:
Smitty, they may be the same people. When I asked if they were in the same area she said "yes" but perhaps she didn't want to say "we all answer that line" after I said no one was answering it.

Maybe it was just a bad two days. People out sick, etc.. Who knows? Sadly it was probably my only ever chance to reserve via the special select line. I doubt I will ever reach select status again.

--------------------

zephyr
Member # 1651

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zephyr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HopefulRailUser:
I doubt I will ever reach select status again.

Ah, that's sad.

But you could certainly reach "select status" as member of this forum. Your posts are great. Your trip reports are among the best. And you have a great sense of humor.

But...it's that signature line of yours. You know, the Vicki "in always sunny Southern California" thing. Jeez, have some sensitivity. After all, we do have people from Zip Code 5 who visit here. And folks from other areas with "weather."

Yeh, lose that signature line (or fib and say it's freezing every day). And batta batta bing, you just might have a shot at railforum "select poster status."

Posts: 445 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
travelplus
Member # 3679

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for travelplus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blame it on Julie. Julie told me that sometimes she is too sick to remember who is a AGR Premier member and who is a regular member.

Good luck.

Posts: 259 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HopefulRailUser
Member # 4513

Member Rated:
Zephyr - what a sly devil you are, charming me with your silver words!

In an effort to become a "select poster" and in deference to my friend Jerry in Zip Code 5, my signature has been updated.

--------------------

zephyr
Member # 1651

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zephyr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a good start, Hopeful. You're on your way.

Just 4,999 more points to go.

Posts: 445 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
notelvis
Member # 3071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for notelvis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by zephyr:
It's a good start, Hopeful. You're on your way.

Just 4,999 more points to go.

Zephyr, were I you I think I would have a signature which reads -

"Yeah it's cold here. You gotta problem with dat?"

--------------------
David Pressley

Advocating for passenger trains since 1973!

Climbing toward 5,000 posts like the Southwest Chief ascending Raton Pass. Cautiously, not nearly as fast as in the old days, and hoping to avoid premature reroutes.

Posts: 4203 | From: Western North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zephyr
Member # 1651

Don't you think that signature is a little too "PC" for me? A little too formal; too nice; too cutsie? An spelt 2 goode?

But, what the hey, I might consider it. How many bonus points would I get?

TwinStarRocket
Member # 2142

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TwinStarRocket     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do I get any points for my username being the former train that took you from Zip 5 to the nearest warm weather by the most direct route.

-----------

Jerry in "you have to be crazy to live here" Minnesota.

Posts: 1572 | From: St. Paul, MN | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
notelvis
Member # 3071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for notelvis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by zephyr:
Don't you think that signature is a little too "PC" for me? A little too formal; too nice; too cutsie? An spelt 2 goode?

But, what the hey, I might consider it. How many bonus points would I get?

You would get enough bonus points to cash in for a Bagpiper on a Pony!!!!

I think that if I lived in zip 5 I would toy with my friends who live in warm weather places.....

I'd greet them at the airport (or train station) on a winter day when the thermometer reads something like - 7 and say, "Awfully nice of you to come during the warm spell. It's going to be colder tomorrow!"

--------------------
David Pressley

Advocating for passenger trains since 1973!

Climbing toward 5,000 posts like the Southwest Chief ascending Raton Pass. Cautiously, not nearly as fast as in the old days, and hoping to avoid premature reroutes.

Posts: 4203 | From: Western North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TNCMAXQ
Member # 4875

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TNCMAXQ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I called about 7:30 the other evening and was on hold about 5 minutes. Not bad. I needed to change a reservation. It would be nice if we could do that online but it is not an option for rewards seats. The first person I spoke to had to transfer me to a reservation agent. The recording said my call would be answered in approx. 9 minutes, which I thought was rather long. Instead someone picked up after only 2 so I was pleased.

Their hours are rather limited though, IMO. 8 to 8 Monday-Friday is not enough. Some later evening hours and weekend service would be helpful.

Posts: 17 | From: CT | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HopefulRailUser
Member # 4513

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by TNCMAXQ:
The recording said my call would be answered in approx. 9 minutes, which I thought was rather long. Instead someone picked up after only 2 so I was pleased.

When I waited an hour the recording said the wait would be 15 minutes. When I was was picked up in just a few minutes the recording said it would be about 8 minutes (I think).

David - TwinStar does indeed greet us warm weather folk at the train station but I, being a sunny California girl, made that visit in June. Winter is not a possibility for me, I would turn into an icicle.

He deserves Select Poster Points for suffering the slings and arrows that Zip Code 5 always gets. And for greeting me at the train station, a much enjoyed visit. Will have to do that again.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page