RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Some Photos from the CSRRM

Author Topic: Some Photos from the CSRRM
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JONATHON   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some Pictures I took on a small trip to Sacramento CA

Click Here

--------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

My MySpace

CoastStarlight@Gmail.com

Amtrak Pages WebSite

Posts: 989 | From: DIAMOND BAR CA. U.S. | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Toy
Member # 311

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Toy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice shots, Jonathon. Reminds me of my visit there in '06. I liked the shots from the overhead walkway. We didn't have time to get up there, and now I know what we missed.

Did I see a couple of shots of the Salinas Valley too?

--------------------
The Del Monte Club Car

Posts: 2649 | From: California's Monterey Peninsula | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JONATHON   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes you did [Smile]

--------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

My MySpace

CoastStarlight@Gmail.com

Amtrak Pages WebSite

Posts: 989 | From: DIAMOND BAR CA. U.S. | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smitty195
Member # 5102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for smitty195     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice pictures Jonathon. You probably know this already, but that one picture of the UP locomotive with the blue tarp covering the front I'm pretty sure is one of the units from the Chatsworth/Metrolink crash.
Posts: 2355 | From: Pleasanton, CA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
Realy!? let me check the number on it..

--------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

My MySpace

CoastStarlight@Gmail.com

Amtrak Pages WebSite

JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
OMG It is, this is UP 8491 this is the second unit in the Chatsworth Disaster

--------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

My MySpace

CoastStarlight@Gmail.com

Amtrak Pages WebSite

sbalax
Member # 2801

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sbalax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jonathon--

Your skill as a photographer just keeps getting better and better. I especially liked the last shot.

Frank in sunny SBA

Posts: 2160 | From: Santa Barbara, CA, USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
notelvis
Member # 3071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for notelvis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sbalax:
Jonathon--

Your skill as a photographer just keeps getting better and better. I especially liked the last shot.

Frank in sunny SBA

Absolutely agree! The 3/4 shot of the locomotive in the diorama at the museum is stunning.....better than the shot they have on their postcards even.

I look forward to you having the chance to pursue trains in other parts of the country as you get a little older and more mobile because I know the pictures you post are just going to keep getting better.

--------------------
David Pressley

Advocating for passenger trains since 1973!

Climbing toward 5,000 posts like the Southwest Chief ascending Raton Pass. Cautiously, not nearly as fast as in the old days, and hoping to avoid premature reroutes.

Posts: 4203 | From: Western North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cubzo
Member # 4700

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cubzo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with the others here, great shots! May I ask what camera and lens you were using?
Posts: 229 | From: Long Beach CA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TBlack
Member # 181

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TBlack     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jonathan,

Thanks for your contribution. Where have you been? We haven't heard from you since last fall.

Posts: 518 | From: Maynard, MA, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
Thank you everyoine for your compliments, as for were I've been, Ive been in school, Church and right now am waiting to see if I get hired to Photograph custom cars and car show events

PS I used my only lenz I have the Tamron 28-300 zoom lenz

--------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

My MySpace

CoastStarlight@Gmail.com

Amtrak Pages WebSite

PullmanCo
Member # 1138

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PullmanCo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where did you find that water tower? For years and years after dieselization, SP had a water tower near Gaviota trestle. One day in the late 70s, it was gone [Frown]
Posts: 1404 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
The Water Tower is just across from the San Luis Obisbo Station

--------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

My MySpace

CoastStarlight@Gmail.com

Amtrak Pages WebSite

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page