RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Re-name

Author Topic: Re-name
TALKrr
Member # 683

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TALKrr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I may be so bold , perhaps Chris Guenzier should consider re-naming his special spot at LaJunta. The Chris Guenzier Million-mile Lookout seems a bit long. I wonder if he ever considered it.

It reminds me of a favorite bit from the I Love Lucy series: At a women's club meeting Lucy and her friends are trying to select someone to take charge of a show the club wants to put on. Lucy (thinking of herself) suggests that the club should select someone with "professional" experience. One of the ladies speaks up suggesting it should be HER. She said , "Why I would like everyone to know that I am a professional. I climaxed my career by being named the Mistress of Ceremony at the Senior Shenanigans of the Rappahannock School for Girls in Rappahannock, Virgionia. Everyone was impressed---except Lucy. She replied , "Oh no one would recognize YOU." Her friend replied, "Well they would after I TOLD them."

Lucy retorted, "The show would be OVER before you could say : Mistress of Ceremony at the Senior Shenanigans of the Rappahannock School for Girls in Rappahannock, Virginia !!!!

Most everyone loves contests. May I suggest that either Rail Forum or Trainweb sponsor a RE-NAME Contest for the location. Perhaps the easiest way for submissions to be sent would be through this forum itself. Let's limit the number oF WORDS in the re-name to a maximum of THREE.

Chris himself could select the winner. Set a deadline, of course. Perhaps a small prize could also be awarded to the wunner.

Here are MY suggestions:

The Point

The LaJunta Look-out

Point Chris

Point Million

Point G Look-out

Thoughts anyone ????

Posts: 187 | From: Pittsburgh , PA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smitty195
Member # 5102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for smitty195     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TALKrr:
If I may be so bold , perhaps Chris Guenzier should consider re-naming his special spot at LaJunta.

Just a few quick corrections:

--"Guenzler" is his last name.

--"La Plata, MO" is the location, not La Junta, CO

Also, I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but you made the same post 4 times.

Posts: 2355 | From: Pleasanton, CA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chrisg
Member # 2488

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted      Profile for chrisg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Chris Guenzler Million Mile Lookout Point was not named by me but named for me after I did my Millionth Overall Mile at MP 425.5 of the Marceline Sub crossing the Missouri River Bridge at Sibley, Mo on Aril 27th, 2007 at 8:26 AM by the Depot Inn & Suites in La Plata at a ceramony there after we arrived!

Chris

Posts: 711 | From: Santa Ana | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stourbridge Lion
Member # 1796

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stourbridge Lion   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Chris, it was good to meet you at the Colorado Railroad Museum the other day. Sorry we didn't get more time to talk and share stories.

--------------------
Delaware and Hudson Virtual Museum (DHVM)
Railroad Adventures (RRAdventures)
-- Darren

Posts: 256 | From: Centennial, Colorado | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
train lady
Member # 3920

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for train lady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Talkrr I have one question...why?
Posts: 1577 | From: virginia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dns8560
Member # 15184

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dns8560     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How long did it take to get a million miles? Is it possible to figure out the cost of all those miles?

-Dave

--------------------
Everybody has to believe in something. I believe I'll take the train!

Posts: 230 | From: Ithaca, New York | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chrisg
Member # 2488

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted      Profile for chrisg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started in 1980 bottom story on the web page {1980-2004 Page} and when I got sober 1/18/1995 I had 158,000 miles. Over the next years, I finished the Amtrak system then finished it sober.
Next I did all of Canada then I did trains in all 50 states. That is when I decide to go for the Overall Millionth Rail Mile which I did on April 27th, 2007. Next was the Amtrak Millionth Mile
which I did on April 7, 2008.

Chris

Posts: 711 | From: Santa Ana | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephen W
Member # 6059

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephen W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chrisg: I just read your story in full and was very moved. If I may say so I think you have done a wonderful thing by both admitting your problem and then dealing with it. God bless and good luck for the future.
Posts: 211 | From: Norfolk England | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page