RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Richard Hamilton, "Let's Talk Trains", RIP

Author Topic: Richard Hamilton, "Let's Talk Trains", RIP
smitty195
Member # 5102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for smitty195     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just read this on another website, and have copied/pasted the information here. Richard was a very good guy, and he brought his equipment to La Plata, MO (home of TrainWeb and this forum) three times to do live shows. I know there are others on this forum who knew him. I'm really surprised and sad to hear this.

Some sad news to report today.
Richard Hamilton, of the Lets Talk Trains internet talk show, passed away sometime late Thursday, July 30th or early Friday, July 31st. We could not make contact with Richard over the last week or so, and went to check on him today, learning from his landlord that he was found Friday morning.
The San Diego County coroner has made contact with relatives in the LA area, and we are waiting to find out more information about any services.
I will advise everyone when I have more information.
Richard just hit 60 years of age June 29th, and was a life member of the San Diego Electric Railway Association and had been a member of the Pacific Southwest Railway Museum, and the Poway Midland Railroad in Old Poway park.
Lets Talk Trains just celebrated its 7th anniversary this July. I know Steamjockey and SP loopconductor had participated on some of his shows, so I'd like to ask John and Larry to pass this info on to other listeners they know. We are trying to inform as many of his listeners we can find, he had a list of listeners at one time, but no one knows where it can be found.
Thank You and Be Safe Out There,

Michael Reading

Posts: 2355 | From: Pleasanton, CA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoastStarlight99
Member # 2734

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoastStarlight99   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How surprising and sad.

R.I.P. Richard Hamilton

Posts: 1082 | From: Los Angeles, CA. USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JONATHON   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I cant Belive it, very Very sad, R.I.P.

--------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

My MySpace

CoastStarlight@Gmail.com

Amtrak Pages WebSite

Posts: 989 | From: DIAMOND BAR CA. U.S. | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daniel3197
Member # 27

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for daniel3197     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GOD BLESS him, Richard Hamilton was such a very nice and honorable gentleman.
My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends at this difficult time.
I hope that someone can be found to succeed him and keep Let's Talk Trains radio show rolling down the tracks.
--- Daniel

Posts: 283 | From: Palo Alto,CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page