RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Make-Believe - 2/2

Author Topic: Make-Believe - 2/2
dns8560
Member # 15184

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dns8560     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My immediate thought was to head to JFK Airport, get out to Vandenbergh ASAP, and collect my $10 million. But the man in the fedora had been specific: I was to follow my zig-zag itinerary. That way, no one would suspect me of carrying the chip.

I called Ophelia. She was getting off work. She said she'd love to have dinner with me and see a show. We met at a restaurant called Hill's Empire Steak House. It was themed after the Great Northern Railroad. Ophelia looked radiant in her Phase IV outfit. She said she wore it just for me. After supper we went to a Broadway show called Pooch. It was a musical about an electric Amtrak locomotive. It was hard to hold back the tears when Pooch was sent to the scrap heap.

We went for a drink after the show. In the middle of our conversation Ophelia paused, and said she had to get something off her chest. She said the minute she saw me she was attracted to me. When she learned I was traveling around the country by train she simply fell in love. "I dunno," she said, "there's just something about a guy with a $100,000 who's traveling all over on Amtrak that really appeals to me."

Needless to say, I didn't go back to The Plaza Hotel alone.

--------------------
Everybody has to believe in something. I believe I'll take the train!

Posts: 230 | From: Ithaca, New York | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amtrak92
Member # 14343

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for amtrak92     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keep writing. It is getting very good
Posts: 465 | From: elgin (s-line) | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page