RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Make-Believe - Cont'd - 2

Author Topic: Make-Believe - Cont'd - 2
dns8560
Member # 15184

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dns8560     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I checked into my room. I was exhausted. It had been a long day. I thought about Louie driving back to Bridgeport. That $70. tip probably made his day. What a simple life.

I called Ophelia. She was having a drink at the Lexicographer's club in Manhattan. I told her about my day. I told her I missed her. I told her my plans for tomorrow. I would ride Train 470 to Springfield to connect with the Lake Shore Limited headed to Chicago.

Ophelia said she'd like to travel with me. I told her she could board the Lake Shore in New York and we could meet in Albany. It would be nice to travel together. I had visions of a romantic encounter in a sleeper.

Then I got ready for bed. I undressed and went into the bathroom. I decided to smoke a cigar and shave. As I was shaving I thought about the microchip in my right hand. I was kind of lost in my thoughts. I didn't notice heating duct. I didn't notice the poisonous snake that slithered through the vent. I didn't stop to realize that Mr. Adrian's agents knew my whereabouts.

Suddenly I saw the snake in the mirror behind me. I froze. I slowly reached for the aerosol anti-perspirant on the countertop. I grabbed my lighter. I spun around. I lit the lighter and pushed down on the aerosol nozzle. A bolt of flame shot out. It killed the snake. I casually turned around and resumed shaving.

--------------------
Everybody has to believe in something. I believe I'll take the train!

Posts: 230 | From: Ithaca, New York | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page