RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » New assistant VP at Amtrak

Author Topic: New assistant VP at Amtrak
smitty195
Member # 5102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for smitty195     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Patrick Merrill, formerly of Caltrans (Chief of Rail Capital), has been appointed as VP in the Policy and Development Department at Amtrak. It is my understanding that he will work on the west coast (Los Angeles?).

I've met him a few times at public rail meetings, and in my opinion, this guy is sharp as a tack. His presentations were always super clear, and he understood the Caltrans/Amtrak relationship with aplomb. I'm happy to hear that Amtrak hired a really good guy!

Posts: 2355 | From: Pleasanton, CA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Henry Kisor
Member # 4776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Henry Kisor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From Media Relations today:

AMTRAK NAMES PATRICK MERRILL ASSISTANT VICE PRESIDENT,
POLICY AND DEVELOPMENT – WEST

OAKLAND – Amtrak announced today the appointment of Patrick Merrill to the position of Assistant Vice President, Policy and Development – West. He will oversee all business development with Amtrak’s partners and stakeholders in this region and support corporate policy and strategic planning efforts.

Merrill brings over 30 years of experience managing the California Department of Transportation’s (Caltrans) intercity passenger rail program, including capital project development, program management, marketing, safety, contract negotiations, and multi-agency coordination for strategic planning.

Additionally, Merrill led Caltrans’ recent effort to prepare grant applications for federal funds for intercity and high speed passenger rail capital assistance, coordinating with the California High Speed Rail Authority and various commuter railroads within the state on the development of potential projects to improve the existing state-supported intercity passenger rail corridors.

Mr. Merrill will be responsible for the states of California, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Utah, Arizona, Nevada and Colorado. He will be based in Oakland, Calif., effective March 22, 2010.

Posts: 2236 | From: Evanston, Ill. and Ontonagon, Mich. | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smitty195
Member # 5102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for smitty195     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, he's going to be based here. Excellent!
Posts: 2355 | From: Pleasanton, CA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page