RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Off-topic request/Ship tracking

Author Topic: Off-topic request/Ship tracking
smitty195
Member # 5102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for smitty195     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone once posted a really cool link to where you can follow the progress of a ship. Whoever you are, can you please re-post again how to do that? My parents just departed Seattle on the Golden Princess enroute to Alaska. I'm watching on the "bridge cam", but I'd like to be able to plot their position on a map.

Thank you very much!

Posts: 2355 | From: Pleasanton, CA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HopefulRailUser
Member # 4513

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for HopefulRailUser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try this Smitty. I see her in the Strait doing 22 kts with the Rotterdam right on her tail.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/default.aspx?level0=100#

--------------------
Vicki in usually sunny Southern California

Posts: 951 | From: Redondo Beach, CA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smitty195
Member # 5102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for smitty195     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is so neat---precisely what I was looking for. Thank you SO MUCH, Vicki! My parents are celebrating their 55th anniversary, and they are in one of those huge cabins that is on the rear of the ship with the big deck, hot tub, butler service, etc....They went ALL OUT on this one. Whew........I am still trying to talk them into riding the White Pass and Yukon Route RR, but so far I have not been successful. I guess the train gene is only with me.
Posts: 2355 | From: Pleasanton, CA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HopefulRailUser
Member # 4513

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for HopefulRailUser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're welcome Smitty. But it looks like the area covered is not much further north than Vancouver Island.

In about two weeks I shall be on the White Pass and Yukon RR. Can't wait. You can follow my ship then.

--------------------
Vicki in usually sunny Southern California

Posts: 951 | From: Redondo Beach, CA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Henry Kisor
Member # 4776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Henry Kisor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, Vicki, thanks for this! I'll be on the Statendam departing Seward June 20, and will also ride the White Pass & Yukon during the voyage to Vancouver. This will be a cool way for my near & dear to follow the progress.
Posts: 2236 | From: Evanston, Ill. and Ontonagon, Mich. | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page