RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Redcaps

Author Topic: Redcaps
mgt
Member # 5479

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mgt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have just returned from a short visit to NY city and Washington DC. Having been let down by the desk in the NY Penn Station Acela lounge regarding our Redcap two years ago, this year was more successful. We travelled business class on the regular North East corridor service and found Redcap McGuinnis,(not sure about the spelling) extremely helpful and efficient. This quality of service, people knowing what they are doing and then doing it, removes so much of the stress from travelling in an unfamiliar environment.
Posts: 168 | From: uk. northumberland | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amtrak92
Member # 14343

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for amtrak92     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is good. I had one in Philly Abe. Who knew everything about his station. He was the best. I tipped him a 20
Posts: 465 | From: elgin (s-line) | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HillsideStation
Member # 6386

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for HillsideStation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With the exception of Los Angeles, we've found Red Cap services at most all of our O & D points good to excellent. One change of trains in Washington that started out like a Three Stooges short was saved in the end by a number of Red Caps who somehow were able to get us and our luggage on the same train. Boston, the starting point for all our trips has ALWAYS provided excellent Red Cap services. As mentioned the sole exception for us has been Los Angeles. We've NEVER had acceptable services provided there even though we were "first class" passengers.
Best regards,
Rodger

Posts: 112 | From: Merrimac, MA | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Railroad Bob
Member # 3508

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Railroad Bob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can understand your sentiments about the LA redcaps, Rodger-- I used to go "round and round" with a few of them during my LA days. One exception is Norm-- I believe he's the senior guy there now. Never failed to provide honest, helpful service when I was around him; either for me or other passengers.
Posts: 588 | From: East San Diego County, CA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page