RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » San Francisco Terminus

Author Topic: San Francisco Terminus
HopefulRailUser
Member # 4513

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for HopefulRailUser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which of the Thruway bus stops do I want in SF? We will have come up via the San Joaquins from LA and will have checked baggage. I think I see that only the Ferry Building has checked baggage available.

No hotel picked yet but it will be downtown, fairly near the cruise pier.

Thanks folks.

--------------------
Vicki in usually sunny Southern California

Posts: 951 | From: Redondo Beach, CA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sbalax
Member # 2801

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sbalax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ferry Building is pretty easy and usually plenty of cabs around to get to the hotel.

Frank in wet and soon to be wetter SBA

Posts: 2160 | From: Santa Barbara, CA, USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
palmland
Member # 4344

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for palmland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On our last trip we took the bus that stopped at the Shopping Center, 835 Market st., since it was only a couple blocks from our hotel. But since there were only 3 or 4 couples left after several stops, the driver offered to take us all to our hotels. That resulted in seeing more of the sights and a stop curbside in front of our hotel. I don't know if that is a regular thing, but it was very nice. It's worth asking.
Posts: 2397 | From: Camden, SC | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page