RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Starlight Schedule Question

Author Topic: Starlight Schedule Question
sbalax
Member # 2801

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sbalax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just printed out the Starlight schedule and sat down for a little vicarious travel and notice that the departure from SEA is two hours later than my itinerary shows. What goes? When will the change back be made?

Frank in dark and cool SBA

Posts: 2160 | From: Santa Barbara, CA, USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chrisg
Member # 2488

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted      Profile for chrisg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its due to UP Trackwork north of Goleta to near SLO that will be finished in April. Both 11 and 14 leave two hours later until then. Good news is the trackside poles are coming down so you will have clear views from the train in the future.

chris

Posts: 711 | From: Santa Ana | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sbalax
Member # 2801

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sbalax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Chris!

Frank in clear and cool SBA

Posts: 2160 | From: Santa Barbara, CA, USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Southwest Chief
Member # 1227

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Southwest Chief   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep schedule is different for a little while.

Also affects the Surfliner connection.

Coming back into Los Angeles, it is too late at night for a Surfliner train. A new dedicated bus takes over for Fullerton and point south.

Taking the train to San Fran in March so I can give a write up about it then.

--------------------
Matt
Visit gallery for photos of our train layouts

Posts: 579 | From: San Bernardino Subdivison | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sbalax
Member # 2801

Member Rated:
I'll look forward to reading it, Matt.

Frank in clear but cool SBA

notelvis
Member # 3071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for notelvis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Noticed the changed schedule earlier today playing with some ideas for spending some of my 50,000 Guest Reward Points...... glad to hear that things are back to 'normal' by June.

Oh..... and I'm back 'on' from home.

--------------------
David Pressley

Advocating for passenger trains since 1973!

Climbing toward 5,000 posts like the Southwest Chief ascending Raton Pass. Cautiously, not nearly as fast as in the old days, and hoping to avoid premature reroutes.

Posts: 4203 | From: Western North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sbalax
Member # 2801

Member Rated:
David--

I'm not sure how much longer the rebate offer lasts. You might want to check that out. I saved 1,000 points!

Frank in cool, clear and dark SBA

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page