RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Liberty Limited ?s

Author Topic: Liberty Limited ?s
amtrak92
Member # 14343

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for amtrak92     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you guys know if there is any way to volunteer on the Liberty Limited. As I feel like I should help my veterans, as some people I know are vets, so I want to do something for them. So I was like I'll volunteer on that train, who would I get in contact with for that.
Posts: 465 | From: elgin (s-line) | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ocala Mike
Member # 4657

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ocala Mike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's the guy who runs it:

http://www.zoominfo.com/people/Levin_Bennett_13842062.aspx

Doubt if they need "volunteers"; good luck.

Posts: 1530 | From: Ocala, FL | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RRCHINA
Member # 1514

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRCHINA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This trip in privately owned rail cars is provided almost exclusively for wounded veteran and their immediated families. Some medical staff may be aboard. Politicians and even senior military officers are not invited.

The owners of the private cars have their own staffs who are trained to provide service to passengers as well as see that the cars function safely and efficiently. Significant training would be necessary to replace any of them.

Posts: 467 | From: Prescott, AZ USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amtrak92
Member # 14343

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for amtrak92     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with both of those statements. I'm going to try. Just as I feel that it is my duty to my country. So I will try.
Posts: 465 | From: elgin (s-line) | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page