RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » How late can you stay in Los Angeles (come back on Surfliner/bus)?

Author Topic: How late can you stay in Los Angeles (come back on Surfliner/bus)?
Southwest Chief
Member # 1227

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Southwest Chief   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My sister's friend has tickets for tomorrows Kings/Ducks game at Staples. So my sister and her friend would like to take the train (Anaheim - Los Angeles) since their other friend who lives downtown is willing to pick them up and drop them back off at LAUPT.

But they are concerned with how late they can stay at Staples?

The last train back 796, is around a 10:00 PM departure from Los Angeles. The game likely will go longer then that with a 7:30 start time.

I recently came into Los Angeles on the Coast Starlight (still have to post my travelog) and there is a later bus. I checked the schedule and it is 5611.

My questions are:

Is this bus (5611) running tomorrow night (April 9, 2011), and can non-Starlight passengers purchase tickets for it?

Also, I got off the Starlight bus at Fullerton but my sister would like to go to Anaheim.

If this bus is running tomorrow night, will it stop at Anaheim?

Thanks for any information you can provide.

--------------------
Matt
Visit gallery for photos of our train layouts

Posts: 579 | From: San Bernardino Subdivison | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vincent206
Member # 15447

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vincent206     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't find a definitive answer to either question, but here are some possible answers:

I think bus 5611 was a special connection for Starlight passengers during the time that the Starlight's schedule was altered for UP trackwork. Now that the Starlight is back on its old schedule, I think 5611 is gone. There is a 1240am late night bus (#5804) from LAX to Fullerton and Santa Ana, but it requires a connection from a train. You could buy a Surfliner ticket from Glendale to LAX, with the Ambus connection from LAX to Fullerton or Santa Ana. Just show up at Union Station after the game and throw away the train ticket.

Posts: 831 | From: Seattle | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page