RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Fireworks along Empire Builder Route on 8/13

Author Topic: Fireworks along Empire Builder Route on 8/13
mary_228
Member # 3826

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted      Profile for mary_228   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was a real treat for me when I decided to keep my curtain open because of the beautiful full moon that night as we approached St. Paul, MN. I don't know who set them off or why, but it was like the grand finale of the 4th of July fireworks right at the moment the train passed by. The next day I ask my train attendant if he had seen them, but he had not. He thought they were probably set off by a "foamer", a term I had never heard before, which he explained was someone who foams at the mouth when they see a train. Whoever did it, Thank You! A great start to a wonderful week at Glacier National Park.
Posts: 72 | From: Illinois | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page