RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Simple On-board Upgrade Q's

Author Topic: Simple On-board Upgrade Q's
lakeshorelimited
Member # 576

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for lakeshorelimited     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi folks, I'll be travelling from Springfield to Buffalo on the 449 at the end of August and I'm hoping to be able to upgrade on-board. The price listed on the website was too high for me to justify booking a room for a short trip, considering a railsale seat was available. Besides, if I can't upgrade 10 hours in coach IS bearable, I just won't get much sleep. With a 1am arrival (on-time) I should be OK if I can't upgrade.

Anyways, here are my questions:
1. Who do I ask to speak to about an upgrade? The Conductor or Chief of On Board Services (was the latter position eliminated from LD trains?) At any rate, knowing who to talk to would help.
2. When is the best time to ask about an upgrade? When they come to collect my ticket, or after all tickets have been collected, should I track down the person who can help me with the upgrade?

I would inquire into an upgrade the day of in the station perhaps, but it's a railsale ticket which only allows upgrades on board..

Many thanks to your replies..

-Tim

Posts: 140 | From: Albany, NY | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cajon
Member # 40

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cajon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Find the conductor or AC when you board. They should know what's available. You can ask an a sleeping car attendant but they'll just find out from conductors.
Posts: 249 | From: Downey CA USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page