TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Looking for these Amtrak crew members

Author Topic: Looking for these Amtrak crew members
Henry Kisor
Member # 4776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Henry Kisor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm doing a little "crowdsourcing" (as they call asking for help from the public) for the upcoming revised e-book version of my 1994 book "Zephyr: Tracking a Dream Across America."

Specifically I'm looking for crew members, present or former, who were in the book almost 20 years ago, to update their stories. I've found some, but the following are so far missing. At the time they were based out of Chicago and most probably still are, if they are still with Amtrak.

Wally Prince, engineer
Mike Kemp, assistant conductor
John Davis, chef
Reggie Howard, train chief (I understand he returned to SCA service when the chiefs program ended)
Noel Prell, lounge car attendant (he was living in New Orleans at the time and commuting to the Chicago base)
Bob Pimm, conductor (he was based out of Oakland)
Alfredo Gomez, dining car service attendant (I hear he moved up at Amtrak)

If you have encountered any of these or if you do, please let me know! Or tell them I'm looking for them and that my email address is h.kisor@comcast.net.

Thanks a million.

Posts: 2236 | From: Evanston, Ill. and Ontonagon, Mich. | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDRR
Member # 2992

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MDRR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only name I recognize is Alfredo. He is working in Chicago as an Instructor, ie for new hire classes, refresher safety training , etc. If for some reason I see him on East coast, I do from time to time,... I'll let him know.

Also just a thought, have you tried looking on facebook for any of these folks...?

Posts: 332 | From: Long Island, NY USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geoff Mayo
Member # 153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geoff Mayo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or LinkedIn. I'm a member of the Amtrak group on there and just ran the names - no luck I'm afraid, but if you post, somebody might know them.

--------------------
Geoff M.

Posts: 2426 | From: Apple Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Railroad Bob
Member # 3508

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Railroad Bob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Henry- I worked with Noel fairly regularly during my stint of regular assignments on the Sunset. Interesting to hear his name again-- as you know, that guy had an incredible bone dry sense of humor. A classic New Orleans gentlemen; as if he had just walked out of the Olde Absinthe House in the 1890's French Quarter-- good luck in finding this superb fellow who made things very classy, in those early, and VERY smoky Amtrak Lounge cars!
Posts: 588 | From: East San Diego County, CA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
martin robles
Member # 98256

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for martin robles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's my uncle Alfredo and I need to get in contact ASAP concerning a family mater . Please forward my info to him or pass mine along . Thanks everyone
Martin (nephew)
619-708-4296
Martinrbls aol.com

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page