RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Guest Rewards Points Free Travel

Author Topic: Guest Rewards Points Free Travel
CK
Member # 589

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for CK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When you turn in your guest rewards points for travel can you take two trains to get to your destination within the same travel zone ?
Example - Going from Emeryville to New Orleans (2 zones). Can you travel from Emy to Chi on the CZ (zone 2) & connect directly to the City of NOL from Chi to Nol (still in zone 2) using the same points as if you went only as far as Chicago, or are you limited to just one train even though you connected directly and stayed in the same zone ?
Thank you.

Posts: 218 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KA6BGJ
Member # 662

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KA6BGJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CK, You posed an interesting question there. I have just finished reading the official Amtrak Terms and Conditions concerning the GUEST REWARD POINTS. Although I do not belong to that program myself, I can give you what my opinion is after reading the info that Amtrak puts out about it.

After researching this, I feel that all the conditions seem to be in Amrtrak's favor. It is my impression that you (as the guest redeeming your points) give Amtrak your Final destination. EX. EMY to NOL. Then as I understand it, AMTRAK will be the one who determins how (which Route) you get to that final destination.

I think it will be AMTRAK that determines what route you take to reach your final destination. This is because you are not paying for the transportation. More than likely, if you were to go from EMY to NOL., AMTRAK will tell you that you will be taking the CS from EMY-LAX and then transfer (or as you train people say CONNECT) with the SL in LAX for the trip to NOL. Bewcause this is a free trip for you, Amtrak will transport you in the most economical way for them. I really dont think that you (as the guest of AMTRAK) has much to say about it.

I hope that will give you some sort of an answer to your question.

Good luck with redeeming your reward points sand I hope you enjoy your FREE RIDE.

ECC

Posts: 88 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page