RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Service disruption for 28(30) ?

Author Topic: Service disruption for 28(30) ?
Judy McFarland
Member # 4435

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judy McFarland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got an email telling me to call about a service disruption. I was transferred to AGR since I was on points and he couldn't find anything about it. My guess is that #8&28 have been running about 2 hours late into MKE due to heat(?), and my connection in CHI to train 2(30) may be in jeopardy. I guess I'll just keep an eye on things as I travel (hard without cell service or WiFi for long stretches in Montana and South Dakota). I think there is a crew change in Minneapolis, so they may know more there. Any body hears anything, please post & I'll check when I have cell service. Thanks.
Earlier in this trip, I did get to ride the Zephryr on its regular route 5(24), but I guess it is now being detoured because of Colorado fires. The Zephryr trip was interesting because we were very early almost everywhere: 1 1/2 hour early into EMY which made a long layover since the Starlight 14(27) was 1 1/2 hours late into EMY - although on time in Seattle.
And now, since 4:30 AM PDT is much too early to be up and about, I'm going back to bed. I'll check in on Saturday before we leave PDX.

--------------------
My new "default" station (EKH) has no baggage service or QuikTrak machine, but the parking is free! And the NY Central RR Museum is just across the tracks (but not open at Amtrak train times. . ..)

Posts: 337 | From: Goshen, IN | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vincent206
Member # 15447

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vincent206     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With most of the USA talking about a heat wave, it seems a little strange to see the west coast stuck in a cooler-than-usual weather pattern. Seattle is cool and drizzly with temperatures below 70 degrees.
Posts: 831 | From: Seattle | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judy McFarland
Member # 4435

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judy McFarland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apparently westbound Empire Builder was so late, they terminated the trains in Spokane, so instead of the scenic ride up the Columbia, I'm being bustituted to Spokane. In addition, I will probably miss the Chicago connection, too.
Ah well, just an excuse to come back to Portland in another year or two.

--------------------
My new "default" station (EKH) has no baggage service or QuikTrak machine, but the parking is free! And the NY Central RR Museum is just across the tracks (but not open at Amtrak train times. . ..)

Posts: 337 | From: Goshen, IN | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HopefulRailUser
Member # 4513

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for HopefulRailUser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bus got views too.

Well, just trying to make you feel better. You are a trooper, taking all this in stride.
Hope there are bright spots along the way.

I leave tomorrow on the Starlight, LAX to SF. It has been running about an hour late for this leg which puts me into SF after 11:00 pm. Not my favorite thing but I will be happy as long as I have a train trip. Will report in tomorrow pm.

--------------------
Vicki in usually sunny Southern California

Posts: 951 | From: Redondo Beach, CA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CHATTER
Member # 1185

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CHATTER     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There were severe storms in the DC area last night--much of the area is still without power.
Posts: 255 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerome Nicholson
Member # 3116

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerome Nicholson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CHATTER:
There were severe storms in the DC area last night--much of the area is still without power.

Same here - Richmond just had it's third severe storm/tornado event in four days. And more on the way in a couple of days. At least they do cool things down for a few hours from 100+ degree highs.
Is the jury still out on global warming?

Posts: 510 | From: Richmond VA USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Smith
Member # 447

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, the jury is still out on global warming. We do not know enough about our planetary system to say yes or no.

The only thing that has been settled is the man-made global warming hoax. It was exposed as a scheme for unemployed/underemployed scientists to get long term government grants, so their gravy train would not stop for decades.

Posts: 1418 | From: Houston, Republic of Texas | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page