RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Washington D.C.

Author Topic: Washington D.C.
Passenger Rail Fan
Member # 4899

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Passenger Rail Fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are planning a trip to Washington D.C. in a couple of weeks. Will be staying at the PHOENIX HOTEL, 1 block from Union Station. Does anyone have suggestions for breakfast/dinner. We will taking a couple of Greyline tours, they begin each day @ Union Station so wondering if breakfast there would work? Thanks
Posts: 36 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DeeCT
Member # 3241

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DeeCT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since Greyline usually picks you up at your hotel, I would question if you will have time to have Breakfast at Union Station. A call to Greyline Tours will answer that question. You could of course walk over earlier to Union Station. (As to what is available in the station for a Full Meal/Sit Down Breakfast I can not comment - I grabbed coffee and danish last I was there for an early morning departure).
Posts: 460 | From: North Central CT | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RRRICH
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRICH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My wife and I went through WAS once in the early AM on one of our trips -- I forgot what day of the week it was, but at 7 AM or so, all we could find open was a fast-food donut shop on the lower level.
Posts: 2428 | From: Grayling, MI | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page