TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Railroad game for the true foamer

Author Topic: Railroad game for the true foamer
Henry Kisor
Member # 4776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Henry Kisor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not expensive. But you do need a Mac.

http://www.macworld.com/article/2015063/review-sid-meiers-railroads-is-a-fun-and-challenging-look-at-a-fascinating-industry.html

Posts: 2236 | From: Evanston, Ill. and Ontonagon, Mich. | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smitty195
Member # 5102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for smitty195     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm....potential. I just purchased a new MacBook Pro 15 inch with Retina Display this morning because of Apple's sale ($101 off). This might be something to try on the new display---it would probably look very sharp.
Posts: 2355 | From: Pleasanton, CA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geoff Mayo
Member # 153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geoff Mayo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are ways to run Mac software on a Windows PC - I've never tried it but I know people who have. To a certain extent it depends on the software you're trying to run too.

Thanks for the link. I used to enjoy those strategy games like Transport Tycoon, Rollercoaster Tycoon, Sim City etc. Never quite got into The Sims though, for some reason.

--------------------
Geoff M.

Posts: 2426 | From: Apple Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RRRICH
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRICH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the Railroad Tycoon Game for PC -- I've had it several years, and don't play it much any more. I think the game Henry mentions is a newer version of the same thing.

Back when I had a Mac, I bought a program called "Virtual PC," with which I was able to run PC software, but it was of questionable reliability, depending on which program I was trying to run, and some programs did not run exactly the way they were supposed to with VPC.

By the way, I also have Roller Coaster Tycoon v.3, and I have to admit, that, even as a retired 64-year old, I still enjoy playing that now and then!!

Posts: 2428 | From: Grayling, MI | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page