RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Has anyone else had this problem?

Author Topic: Has anyone else had this problem?
RRRICH
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRICH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I post replies to threads, lately they have taken an excessively long time to load and take me back to the topic. Formerly, the process only took a few seconds, but now it takes several minutes. I don't know if it's my computer, my local Internet provider, or Train Web. Has this happened to anyone else?
Posts: 2428 | From: Grayling, MI | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ocala Mike
Member # 4657

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ocala Mike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm hardly the expert on this, but the first thing I'd make sure of is that I was using the latest version of whatever browser I'm going with.

Would also consider switching browsers possibly.

Posts: 1530 | From: Ocala, FL | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Henry Kisor
Member # 4776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Henry Kisor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I noticed that yesterday and wondered about it, but today things seem to be normal.
Posts: 2236 | From: Evanston, Ill. and Ontonagon, Mich. | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Smith
Member # 447

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Download Ccleaner (it is free). Run it. If it finds over 800mbs of temp files, that was your problem.
Posts: 1418 | From: Houston, Republic of Texas | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smitty195
Member # 5102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for smitty195     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or just buy a Mac. [Wink]
Posts: 2355 | From: Pleasanton, CA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Henry Kisor
Member # 4776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Henry Kisor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, Smitty, you know I'm a Mac guy too, but our Macs can collect cache slag and slow down, just like the PCs. (A little swipe of the free OnyX polishing cloth takes care of that.)
Posts: 2236 | From: Evanston, Ill. and Ontonagon, Mich. | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cubzo
Member # 4700

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cubzo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like Smitty and others I an a Mac fan. Been a Mac user since about '94 or so. And like Henry I use Onyx when I think it's time to do that.
Posts: 229 | From: Long Beach CA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geoff Mayo
Member # 153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geoff Mayo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you're on a PC try Malwarebytes for any rogue software, in addition to the ccleaner mentioned above. It doesn't find everything - partly because of the subjective opinion of what exsctly is malware and what is just annoyingly crap software.

Also look through yur browser's options to see if anything is installed which you don't recognise. I deleted a bunch of stuff yesterday that my wife had inadvertently had installed by rogue bundleware (Adobe Flash has an annoying habit of installing this horrible virus called McAfee if you're not careful).

Posts: 2426 | From: Apple Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RRRICH
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRICH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the advice, everyone! I'll try some of these fixes, if I can figure out where on line to look for these downloads.
Posts: 2428 | From: Grayling, MI | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Henry Kisor
Member # 4776

RRRich, Google is your best friend here. Google Ccleaner and Malwarebytes and you'll be taken to their download websites.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page