RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Going all the way with Her (#14) this time.

Author Topic: Going all the way with Her (#14) this time.
cubzo
Member # 4700

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cubzo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Toward the end of April my wife and I will take the #14 all the way to Seattle. We had always stopped in the Bay area previously. We will be catching a ballgame (Angels @ Mariners) at Safeco field.

We will be staying at The Best Western Plus in Pioneer Square. Centrally located to both the train stain station and Safeco field. I will have questions about the area as we get closer to that date.

Posts: 229 | From: Long Beach CA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smitty195
Member # 5102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for smitty195     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favorite train. You should have a very nice trip. I've got AGR points sitting in my account, yelling to be used---but I haven't figured out what I want to do yet. I will probably end up on 14 again, as I almost never have a bad trip on that train. I hope your train on that day has the Parlour Car in the consist. It makes for such a pleasant journey.
Posts: 2355 | From: Pleasanton, CA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Railroad Bob
Member # 3508

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Railroad Bob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The ride from KFS Klamath Falls to EUG Eugene is one of the great mountain crossings in the country.

A long series of back 'n forth railroad twistings and turnings, as you go up then down the Cascade Range. You should see some "cascading" small waterfalls here and there along the route, even in April. And the running along the "Sound" near Tacoma is pretty fantastic too. Hope your train runs nicely on time. (Some Starlights run a little to a lot late, as most regular riders here well know.)

Posts: 588 | From: East San Diego County, CA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cubzo
Member # 4700

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cubzo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the comments. I am very aware of the Coast Starlights tendency for tardiness. We were on the one that hit the cabbage truck a while back. We were nine hours late getting into Jack London.
Posts: 229 | From: Long Beach CA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page