RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Something New?

Author Topic: Something New?
yukon11
Member # 2997

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yukon11     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This sort of thing may have been always there, but I've never noticed it.

Amtrak route guides, in Adobe PDF format, for the Coast Starlight and Empire Builder:

http://www.amtrak.com/ccurl/574/978/Amtrak-Coast-Starlight-Train-Route-Guide.pdf

http://www.amtrak.com/ccurl/229/381/Amtrak-Empire-Builder-Train-Route-Guide.pdf

Richard

Posts: 1909 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jp1822
Member # 2596

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jp1822     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amtrak has route guides in downloadable format on their website for even the Ethan Allen Express and Vermonter! Other "day" and overnight long distance trains are listed with route guides as well. They've been up for a while and most have been re-done.

Good resource, and glad Amtrak decided to put them up on the website so that if you don't get one on the train, you can at least download it before or during your trip (with WiFi access etc.).

Posts: 337 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RRRICH
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRICH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those route guides have been around forever, Yukon!

(My guides are more detailed.......... [Smile] [Smile] )

www.railroadrich.com

P.S. I'll be doing a Coast Starlight SEA-EMY guide in the next few months and posting it on my web site.

Posts: 2428 | From: Grayling, MI | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yukon11
Member # 2997

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yukon11     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the detail you have in your route guides, Rich. For example, in your route guide for the Empire Builder, you make mention places such as Sultan, God Bar, Lake Pend Oreille, and Sandpoint. Such are not covered or mentioned in the Amtrak EB route text.

If you do Seattle to Emeryville, I'm sure you will find a lot of ineresting sites to highlight. There is a lot of history associated with Klamath County (OR) and Siskiyou County (CA), not to mention other interesting places and towns in the 3 states.

Richard

Posts: 1909 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page