RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Flagstaff early morning arrival

Author Topic: Flagstaff early morning arrival
cross country traveler
Member # 59657

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cross country traveler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Taking the Chief from CA to Flagstaff arriving at 4:30 AM. We are heading to Sedona via rental car but the office doesn't open until 8:00- unless we want to spend considerable more $. Has anybody done this? I hate to wait all that time. Should we take the shuttle to the Grand Canyon for the day and back to Flagstaff to rent the car and miss a day in Sedona? Advice would be appreciated.
Posts: 1 | From: maine | Registered: Mar 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RRCHINA
Member # 1514

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRCHINA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't know your plans for Sedona but if you have not spent much time at the Grand Canyon I would strongly recommend it. Scenery and solitude are the major attractions at the canyon.

The scenery is wonderful at Sedona but is distracted from by the development of resorts, shops,restaurants and lots of tourists. However if those items are an attraction for you and you have definate plans for your time then Sedona will fill your needs.

Posts: 467 | From: Prescott, AZ USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TwinStarRocket
Member # 2142

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TwinStarRocket     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have only done this coming from the east. With a reservation, Hertz met you at the train no matter how late. They might do this for passengers from the west too. You have to call them directly, not the 1-800 number. Their office is in the Amtrak station.

I also rented from Budget, and had to wait for them to open. I walked to a motel (in a blizzard) a few blocks away.

The station is comfy, and you might be able to check your bags and go out for breakfast.

Posts: 1572 | From: St. Paul, MN | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page