RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » A question for Vincent.

Author Topic: A question for Vincent.
sbalax
Member # 2801

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sbalax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know this is Off Subject for this board but I have a question about the Westlake Station for the Light Rail from SEA-TAC. The train arrives underground, right? Is there an elevator to get to ground level. We'll be headed out on a cruise and will have fairly heavy bags (Those boxes of wine weigh a lot!) and it would be easier to negotiate with an elevator.

Friends will meet us outside (on Pine I would imagine) with a van to take us to Pier 91.

Thanks in advance.

Frank in sunny and warm SBA.

Posts: 2160 | From: Santa Barbara, CA, USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vincent206
Member # 15447

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vincent206     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, there are elevators at Westlake Station and here is a map of the station.

Look at the PLATFORM map. Your train will arrive next to BAY A and BAY B. If you take the elevator next to BAY A you will exit in front of Nordstrom's. If you take the elevator next to BAY B you will exit in front of Westlake Center. (I'll be downtown tomorrow and I'll double check the elevators.)

Posts: 831 | From: Seattle | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sbalax
Member # 2801

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sbalax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Vincent. That is exactly what I was looking for.

Frank in overcast and cool SBA

Posts: 2160 | From: Santa Barbara, CA, USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vincent206
Member # 15447

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vincent206     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
STOP PRESS!!!

I went downtown this morning and checked out the station and it's not quite as easy as I thought. The elevators from the track level only go to the mezzanine level. On the mezzanine level you will have to transfer to another elevator that is located near the Nordstrom entrance to get to the street level. (The elevator to the street level is in the upper right hand part of the Mezzanine Level map.) It won't be hard to find the elevator (follow the signs to Nordstrom) and that elevator will let you out on 5th Avenue very close to Pine Street.

Posts: 831 | From: Seattle | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sbalax
Member # 2801

Member Rated:
Got it! Thanks, again.

Frank in still overcast SBA

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page