RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » New Cascades Schedule in Oregon

Author Topic: New Cascades Schedule in Oregon
Vincent206
Member # 15447

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vincent206     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beginning January 6, 2014, the AmtrakCascades schedule will be changed in Oregon to provide better service between Portland and Eugene. A new southbound train will leave Portland at 600am Mon-Fri (830am Sat/Sun) and a new northbound train will leave Eugene at 400pm (daily). These new services will replace train 504, the northbound train that currently departs Eugene at 900am and the Portland to Eugene section of 509 that leaves Portland at 930pm.

With this change Portland area riders will be able to make same day trips to Eugene or Salem. Currently no train departs Portland southbound before 225pm and no train departs northbound from Eugene after 1236pm.

Posts: 831 | From: Seattle | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yukon11
Member # 2997

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yukon11     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is great news, Vincent. Thanks for posting.

It may work into vacation plans next summer.

What I have in mind is a flight from Santa Rosa to Portland. Then either the 6:00 AM or 8:30 AM Cascade from Portland to Eugene. After that, a rental car from Eugene to Sisters and Bend.

I have never been to Sisters and Bend. For those who have, is a trip there worthwhile? From my AAA tour book, it looks like they have nice lodging in both towns.

Richard

Posts: 1909 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page