RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » In case anyone was wondering...............

Author Topic: In case anyone was wondering...............
RRRICH
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRICH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
....about why I haven't posted any new route guides to my web site lately, that's because I have been having issues with my current computer and web site software package. I am currently attempting to correct that by completely redoing and "remodeling" the web site, with plans to buy a new computer, which hopefully will be compeleted by this summer sometime.

Meanwhile, the old site is still available at

http://www.railroadrich.com

Posts: 2428 | From: Grayling, MI | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smitty195
Member # 5102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for smitty195     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
www.apple.com

[Smile]

Posts: 2355 | From: Pleasanton, CA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RRRICH
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRICH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry Smitty, no Apple in my future! Some of my older software (including the mapping software I use for my RR guides) I KNOW won't work with Apple/Macintosh, since it was written for PC, and at one time in the past, when I had my last Macintosh computer, I had to buy "Virtual PC" to run the software, and even then it did not run well. I am not even sure this particular software will run on Windows 9........ And there is NO update for the software I am using -- the series was discontinued by De Lorme years ago.
Posts: 2428 | From: Grayling, MI | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TwinStarRocket
Member # 2142

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TwinStarRocket     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you can still find a new Windows 7 PC, Virtual PC can be had for free through Microsoft. It will run old XP programs. I use it to run a mid-90's version of Lotus 123 spreadsheet and it works fine. Faster, in fact, than Excel. I have still seen Windows 7 PC's advertised new. Google "Microsoft Virtual PC". I think with Windows 8, you are out of luck.
Posts: 1572 | From: St. Paul, MN | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page