RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Relaunch of web site!

Author Topic: Relaunch of web site!
RRRICH
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRICH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got the web site revised finally!!!

http://www.railroadrich.com

I made several changes, and changed the format of the route guides and trip reports sections. Many of the changes I made you will not notice. Hopefully, the site will perform smoother now and load up in less time.

Since I last updated the site, I have added the guide for the San Joaquins OKJ-BFD. See

http://www.railroadrich.com/guide_25.html

Eventually I will be adding a Pay Pal page where you can order CD's from me with all the route maps and guides on them, but I have not started that yet.

I was not able to check every single link in the web site, so if anyone comes across a link that doesn't work, or other problems, please let me know!

Enjoy the revised site!

Posts: 2428 | From: Grayling, MI | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yukon11
Member # 2997

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yukon11     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the new website, Rich. Very well done.

One minor suggestion, if you have the ability and space to include photos of some of the specific route segments, it would add to the information. For example, clicking Seattle to Glacier Park, then Seattle to Leavenworth, it would be interesting to have some pictures of various points along the way between Seattle and Leavenworth. But, a minor suggestion.

Overall, a really nice job and interesting.

Richard

Posts: 1909 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geoff Mayo
Member # 153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geoff Mayo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good work. Only negative comment I would have is that I find the text too small. I know I can override it with custom CSS or use the browser zoom function though. Sorry for a negative but the rest looks great.

--------------------
Geoff M.

Posts: 2426 | From: Apple Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RRRICH
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRICH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, guys! The problem with using more photos and larger text is that the memory to process the site would then become more cumbersome, and I would have the same problem I had before, with the processor not having enough memory to process the entire site. I already had to greatly reduce the file size of all the photos in the site, which I didn't know how to do at first, but the software company "geeks" told me how to. After I buy a new computer, with more memory, I will try and work in your suggestions. Thanks again!!
Posts: 2428 | From: Grayling, MI | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page