RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » In the LAX Metropolitan Lounge

Author Topic: In the LAX Metropolitan Lounge
HopefulRailUser
Member # 4513

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for HopefulRailUser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Enjoying our time here waiting for our train to SAN from where we will take a cruise to Hawaii.

For Smitty, the cappuccino machine is gone, broke. They think they will get another. Otherwise it is a lovely place to wait for a train. Saw the new shoe shine stand. Looks great but I wonder if he will get much business.

Will be on the Veendam if anyone wants to follow our track across the Pacific and back.

Wifi in the lounge works and I know it works on the Surfliner. Live that.

--------------------
Vicki in usually sunny Southern California

Posts: 951 | From: Redondo Beach, CA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sbalax
Member # 2801

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sbalax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bon Voyage, again! I've been following Captain Albert's blog from Veendam but I think he may have left the ship in SAN. Have a wonderful time!
Posts: 2160 | From: Santa Barbara, CA, USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smitty195
Member # 5102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for smitty195     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for that update, Vicki! Bummer it's gone and broken----it actually worked fine when I was there.

I hope you guys are having a great cruise!

Posts: 2355 | From: Pleasanton, CA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sbalax
Member # 2801

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sbalax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This isn't one of the ones that used to be on the Parlour Cars is it?

There are plenty of reliable, well priced machines out there. I used one yesterday at The United Club at LAX -- the old one in Terminal 7 not the new one out at the end of 7. It made a pretty good decaf cappuccino.

Frank in overcast and cool SBA

Posts: 2160 | From: Santa Barbara, CA, USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page