RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » NRHS 2015 Rutland ConventionTickets are still on Sale

Author Topic: NRHS 2015 Rutland ConventionTickets are still on Sale
chrisg
Member # 2488

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted      Profile for chrisg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Join us in Rutland if you can for a very fun NRHS 2015 Convention. Go to http://www.nrhs.com for details. I will be car hosting so introduce yourself to me.

chris

Posts: 711 | From: Santa Ana | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chrisg
Member # 2488

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for chrisg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who is going on this board?
Posts: 711 | From: Santa Ana | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chrisg
Member # 2488

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for chrisg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess no one on this board is coming to the 2015 NRHS Convention in Rutland. Too bad you will miss a great event.

Chris

Geoff Mayo
Member # 153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geoff Mayo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I'm washing my hair that day.

--------------------
Geoff M.

Posts: 2426 | From: Apple Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
palmland
Member # 4344

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for palmland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like a lot of fan friendly train rides on rare trackage in a very scenic state.

However, I am surprised there is not a list of programs occurring during the day, and evenings, as is done at the National Model Railroader Conventions. There, attending the clinics and presentations is every bit as much fun as touring local model railroads and excursions. Perhaps I missed it.

Program ideas that come to mind might include: Helping your local NRHS chapter, estate planning for your railroad artifacts, summary of activities for local chapters, helping your community recognize and support rail preservation efforts, photography for railroad heritage preservation, national and local chapter NRHS goals and how to support and influence them, regional discussion of rail heritage and tourist operations, fallen flags, volunteering, archiving documents and artifacts, presentations of the programs NRHS does offer, etc.

Seems like lots of candy and not much substance.

Posts: 2397 | From: Camden, SC | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chrisg
Member # 2488

Member Rated:
After going to the NRHS Site click on Read More.

Click on •Registration package to see all the convention trips and information.
Then click on the
•Tickets On Sale Now - tickets can be purchased through our online system.
Then click on Start a New Registration
After that click Agenda to get to all the trips.

You buy what you want

I hope this helps you DNS 8560

Chris

dns8560
Member # 15184

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dns8560     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Chris. Too bad. Looks like the choice excursions are all wait-list only now.

--------------------
Everybody has to believe in something. I believe I'll take the train!

Posts: 230 | From: Ithaca, New York | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chrisg
Member # 2488

Member Rated:
They all coach seats on available trains I just checked. The number by each tells how many tickets are left like

2000 - Hoosick Junction Train - Coach (121 remaining)

Chris

chrisg
Member # 2488

Member Rated:
There are evening programs put on by the local people in Vermont.

Chris

chrisg
Member # 2488

Member Rated:
The NRHS Convention starts on June 14 through June 20 and there are still coach tickets on all trips. For the Saratoga Trip you have to buy your own Amtrak ticket Rutland to Saratoga Springs roundtrip or drive. we will have a blast in Rutland.

Chris

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page