RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » CS & CZ

Author Topic: CS & CZ
Passenger Rail Fan
Member # 4899

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Passenger Rail Fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We will be traveling the Coast Starlight from LA to make connection with the California Zephyr in Emeryville. We get in late and will stay overnight at the Hilton to make connection the next morning with the Zephyr. Is their a "walkway" from the station to the hotel to get there both upon arriving and departing?
Thanks!

Posts: 36 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
palmland
Member # 4344

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for palmland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a convenient walkway from the station and over the tracks to the hotel parking lot. It isn't a short walk but there is an elevator for the walkway and the path is paved and level so luggage rolls easily. When we made that connection the rear door of the hotel was locked so a few more minutes to get to the front. Nice hotel and were upgraded to a higher floor with a view of the bay and tracks.
Posts: 2397 | From: Camden, SC | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ColdRain&Snow
Member # 15381

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ColdRain&Snow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not sure if you meant to say the Hyatt or the Hilton. The Hyatt House is directly across from EMY. This picture shows the station and walkway from a 7th floor balcony of the hotel. If you are instead staying at the Hilton Garden Inn, it is walkable but about a 10 minute walk from the station. They may have a van for you if you call ahead. Better yet, stay at the Hyatt House. It's a winner for CZ trips...

-

Posts: 46 | From: Playa Del Rey, CA | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DonNadeau
Member # 61606

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DonNadeau   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, hope you'll be at the Hyatt.

One time was given a westside room on the 4th floor that had an excellent view of the Golden Gate Bridge.

However, I highly recommend the east side rooms that overlook lots of BNSF (traffic rights to Port of Oakland) and UP action. Noise was not an issue during my stay.

This has to be the ultimate railfan big chain hotel.

--------------------
@DonNadeau

Posts: 366 | From: Iowa | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ColdRain&Snow
Member # 15381

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ColdRain&Snow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's become my tradition to arrive at the Hyatt House Emeryville the afternoon before I board Train 6. Sitting on the balcony of my room with a cool elixir, it is fun to watch Train 5 pull in from its 2500 mile journey west from Chicago.
 -

Posts: 46 | From: Playa Del Rey, CA | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Passenger Rail Fan
Member # 4899

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Passenger Rail Fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oops! It is the HYATT HOUSE (not Hilton). Thanks everyone for the information and pictures...very helpful!
Posts: 36 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page