RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Spring 2001 Timetable Changes

Author Topic: Spring 2001 Timetable Changes
fubu05
Member # 465

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for fubu05   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a question regarding the Spring 2001 Timetable Changes. ... What is the list of timetable changes for this one. Any of the new (Des Moines, Lake Cities/Toledo, etc) starting on the new one? What about Maricopa Amtrak Station?

------------------
Mark Landau

Posts: 60 | From: Tampa, Florida | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLC
Member # 58

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't bet the house on AMTRAK's expansion plans!
Posts: 62 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MPALMER
Member # 125

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for MPALMER     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Per the latest RailPAC quarterly, Maricopa station (platform) is not open and will need to be re-constructed. It was built in a location that assumed a second track would be installed, but that track is not in place yet.
Posts: 874 | From: South Bay (LA County), Calif, USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yummykaz
Member # 475

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for yummykaz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I freaked out when I pulled up Sunset Ltd time schedule.Does not even show going through ElPaso from Houston! Which is where I am going in March. I called Amtrack and they said everything was the same no changes yet.

If the routes had changed, my vacation would be BLOWN!

------------------
I am in no hurry, so I take the train.

Posts: 168 | From: Spring TX USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marp
Member # 175

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for marp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MLC is right. Norfolk Southern recently testified in Congress, "Capacity- the presence of passenger trains cannot diminsh the capacity of a line to handle its existing freight service and provide for anticipated freight growth. Compensation- NS expects to be faily compensated for use of its track and right of way. Passenger service on the heavily used mainlines is problematic, and figuring out how- if at all- passenger trains can be accommodated requires a great deal of work and analysis." H. Craig Lewis, VP Corporate Affairs before Senate Subcomommittee on Surface Transportation, Dec. 6, 2000. Trnaslation: "If you want any more trains, you're going to pay through the nose."
John DeLora

Posts: 5 | From: St. Clair Shores MI USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page