RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » New Travelogue - This One's Outta This World!!!

Author Topic: New Travelogue - This One's Outta This World!!!
Amtrak288
Member # 1967

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amtrak288   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it took over 3 months to build, but it's finally finished and I couldn't be more excited. I completed a personal record-breaking Amtrak trip last November that involved riding a total of 9 Amtrak trains cross-country to see all 4 space shuttles, along with going to Cedar Point, Railfanning in Fostoria, OH, as well as Roosevelt Road in Chicago. I also did 2 incredible rides on the Napa Valley Wine Train! My thanks goes to everyone who responded to my previous posts for photo location infornation that I needed to put this thing together. I tried to make the front page of the travelogue a little "less busy" by doing one main page and putting separate links to the trains, shuttles, etc on separate pages. I also made hyperlinks easier to see as well, every hyperlink will be visible as the graphic containing the link will have a white border around it and the background will change color when you hover your mouse over it, just then cliThis is a trip I'll remember for the rest of my life, so here it is!!! Questions/comments welcome!!!

www.passengertrainheaven.com/travelogues/103014A/103014AIndex.html

Posts: 113 | From: Buffalo, NY | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Smith
Member # 447

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After viewing your Wine Train pictures, I concur with your "outta this world" label!!!

I will continue to read this over the next several days!

Posts: 1418 | From: Houston, Republic of Texas | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yukon11
Member # 2997

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yukon11     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Napa Valley Wine Train is really nice but very expensive.

Has anyone ever taken the Mt. Hood Railroad excursion? I'm thinking of doing that one in the next 1-2 years.

https://www.mthoodrr.com/

Richard

Posts: 1909 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chrisg
Member # 2488

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted      Profile for chrisg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are two stories about the Mount Hood Road on my web site.
http://www.trainweb.org/chris/mthood.html
http://www.trainweb.org/chris/hr.html

The Mt Hood Railroad is a real good trip with a switch back and a good climb up from the Columbia River Gorge.

Chris

Posts: 711 | From: Santa Ana | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yukon11
Member # 2997

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yukon11     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the information, Chris. Nice photos.

If I can get a small group to accompany me, I would like to book either First Class or Diamond Class. If I go alone, can you get a small booth or table for just 1 person in either First or Diamond class? If not and I go standard class, do you get to eat in a dining car or are the meals served at your seat?

I am sort of thinking 4 hours round trip (?). Also, Hood River looks like a nice town. Any suggestion for places to stay and restaurants?

Richard

Posts: 1909 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smitty195
Member # 5102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for smitty195     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent trip report, Geno! That must have taken many months of hard work editing, creating, and getting things just right. Awesome. [Smile]
Posts: 2355 | From: Pleasanton, CA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page