RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Grand Forks destaffed -

Author Topic: Grand Forks destaffed -
notelvis
Member # 3071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for notelvis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Received this email from Amtrak today...... doesn't affect my travel plans BUT I'm curious whether this news regarding Grand Forks had been discussed here and I just missed it -

"Our records indicate that you are scheduled to depart on Amtrak train number 8 from Seattle-King-St.-Station-Washington at 4:40PM on Monday August 3

Effective Monday, June 1 at 7:00 a.m., the Amtrak station at Grand Forks, ND, will no longer be staffed by Amtrak personnel.

As a result, checked baggage, ticketing and Amtrak Express services will be discontinued until further notice, and no one will be at the station to provide assistance. Passengers who require these services may use the Fargo station located 75 miles/120 km south of Grand Forks.

The station will be open daily from 11:00 p.m. until 8:00 a.m. to allow passengers access to the waiting room, restrooms and vending machines.

We appreciate your patronage and apologize for any inconvenience."

--------------------
David Pressley

Advocating for passenger trains since 1973!

Climbing toward 5,000 posts like the Southwest Chief ascending Raton Pass. Cautiously, not nearly as fast as in the old days, and hoping to avoid premature reroutes.

Posts: 4203 | From: Western North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
palmland
Member # 4344

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for palmland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting. Wonder if the cause is the pullback in Bakken oil and loss EB revenue, unreliable times for EB (and resulting agent OT), or just Amtrak cutting back. If the latter, are other stations targeted?
Posts: 2397 | From: Camden, SC | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page