RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Virginia to California and back in March

Author Topic: Virginia to California and back in March
Newtimes
Member # 2037

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Newtimes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My wife and I (her first train trip) are planning in late March to travel from Lynchburg, VA to San Francisco (EMY). I have spent several hours online acquiring connections, times and pricing. I am considering departing Lynchburg (LYH) to New Orleans (NOL requires overnite stay) to LAX. Then LAX to EMY with return through Chicago. A second option is to go from LYH to Chicago to EMY and return same way. I hope to stay 4-5 days in San Francisco then depart on the Zeyphr to CHI with a return to LYH. (1) I am seeking ideas on how to maximize the trip. (2) I need suggestions on a hotel near the station in NOL. I am planning on Deluxe sleepers on trips of 2 nites or longer and Standard sleepers on 1 nite trips. The longest trip I have ever taken was Indianapolis, In. to Charlottesville, Va. (3) What is the best time to get my best pricing with a March 28, 2003 departure? I welcome all thoughts, ideas and suggestions.
Posts: 31 | From: Lynchburg, VA, USA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page