TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Rail Odyssey

Author Topic: Rail Odyssey
TBlack
Member # 181

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TBlack     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First thing Fri. morning I'm hitting the rails:
BOS, NYC, NOL, LAX, SEA, CHI, BOS. Takes 10 days and includes 2 stopovers: NOL (oysters!) and SEA (more oysters!).As Mass. Bob points out there is no rail service between ALB and BOS (track work), so we get bussed which I'm counting on taking less time than the train. So, to answer Mr. Selden's question: "who rides the LD trains?", I do!

Posts: 518 | From: Maynard, MA, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob from MA
Member # 4686

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob from MA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On my trip, the Boston section did run, but only with coaches. I would guess that people are bussed certain days of the week. Hopefully normal service will resume soon.
Posts: 127 | From: Worcester, Massachusetts | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TBlack
Member # 181

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TBlack     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bob
You're right, the busses run only half a week. But Tues. is bus day (my day). Better that way. They had 2 busses: one makes all the stops, but the other is express to So. Sta.; much faster than the train!

Posts: 518 | From: Maynard, MA, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob from MA
Member # 4686

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob from MA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will be leaving Worcester again on Nov. 17 and have been informed that I will be bussed to Albany. However, the lady told me that normal service resumes the next day. I presume that means that the Boston sleeper will then run all the way to Boston.
Posts: 127 | From: Worcester, Massachusetts | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HopefulRailUser
Member # 4513

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for HopefulRailUser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tom, enjoy your brief stop in my city, LAX. It is great weather time, clear air!

I will always remember fondly your warm welcome and our visit to your lovely home. One of the perks of meeting train lovers.

--------------------
Vicki in usually sunny Southern California

Posts: 951 | From: Redondo Beach, CA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TBlack
Member # 181

Vicki,
Thanks for the reply. It was a brief stop in your town, and the weather was wonderful. Most of us on #1 were hoping for a late arrival so we could sleep a little longer, but we were early! Breakfast at Denny's behind the station and then on to Seattle.
Tom

HopefulRailUser
Member # 4513

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for HopefulRailUser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The CS will be fabulous today, recent rain will help the always wonderful scenery. I am jealous.

--------------------
Vicki in usually sunny Southern California

Posts: 951 | From: Redondo Beach, CA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TBlack
Member # 181

I'd never ridden the CS from bottom to top, and the adventure is fabulous. Great scenery made all the more spectacular in the parlor car! That leg of my trip was fantastic.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page