RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Trip Observations

Author Topic: Trip Observations
Bob from MA
Member # 4686

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob from MA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here are a few things of possible interest from my recent trip to Minnesota. There were no serious delays. In fact the Empire Builder from Chicago to St. Paul and back was precisely on time at each stop, which of course made it early at the end points because of padding in the schedule. Very friendly crews in the dining car both ways. The new Metropolitan Lounge in Chicago is still not ready. One attendant said maybe in two weeks or so.

The Lake Shore Limited was quite delayed eastbound into Albany. There is a lot of track work being done along the Mohawk Valley. Passengers going to MA must all detrain at Albany and board a stub train of coaches and a cafe car. I arrived back in Worcester about 2 hours and 40 minutes late. Amtrak closed its office at the Worcester station a few months ago, so there is no agent and baggage cannot be checked in or out,

Posts: 127 | From: Worcester, Massachusetts | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page